God wants to enjoy a sweet relationship with you. Would you enjoy a living relationship with Him? If you do, here are a few facts to get you started:
1. God created our world and created mankind to take care of it. He created us in His image and according to His likeness, and He created us that way for fellowship with Him. Nothing else was created like that. (Ps.139:13-16; St Jn. 17:3)
2. God's enemy, Satan, tempts everyone to commit sins and no one since Adam and Eve has lived without sinning. Because God is holy – meaning completely sinless – our sins separate us from Him. He cannot accept or overlook sin and remain holy.
3. Because sin separated mankind from God, He offered them a way to be restored, and that was through a blood sacrifice. This offer is extended to every human being. If we are left to ourselves to restore our fellowship with God we would never be qualified to reclaim the ground we have yielded to Satan because we are unholy. (James 4:17; Ro. 3:23; Is. 59:2) That would be like cleaning a dirty house with mud. A holy sacrifice can be offered only by a holy person.
4. As a part of the Godhead, Jesus Christ, Who is holy, volunteered to visit the earth as a man to provide a sinless blood sacrifice in our place so all who accept His offer for peace with Him could have their sins forgiven and relationship restored. It's an incredible, awesome, and loving offer. (Ro. 5:17; Heb. 9:13,28; 10:10)
4. To accept this plan for our salvation we must confess that Jesus Christ is our Lord and Savior and accept His offer for restoration. We must recognize that our spiritual and emotional freedom is completely out of our hands and in the hands of God. Our only role in being set free from the sins of our past is to humble ourselves before God, confess our sins and make appropriate restitution where possible.
On a daily basis, even minute by minute, we battle against Satan and his demonic forces who tempt us to return to our past sins. To battle this spiritual war that's going on we must fill our minds with the Word of God and spend time communicating with Him in prayer.
As we move from spiritual bondage to spiritual victory we will experience incredible PEACE, and be truly free!
(Ro.10:9,10, St Jn. 8:36)
If you would like assistance in accepting Jesus' incredible invitation you may use my suggested prayer below:
"Dear Heavenly Father, I am so sorry for my sins and ask that You forgive me. Will You take back the ground that I yielded to Satan through my sins? (And name them.) Will You rebuke the devil for me?
Thank You, and thank You for loving me. I love You, too and yield my heart to You.
In Jesus' precious name I pray, Amen. "
If you have accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior, I encourage you to read your Bible and ask the Holy Spirit to reveal its messages to your heart and make them real in your life, and He will! He will also transform you into a "Christ follower," which is what being a Christian really means. He will comfort you and give you peace as you begin your new relationship with God. The Spirit will also assist you in prayer and will pray for you as you learn to pour out your heart to Jesus. (St Jn 14:26; Philippians 1:6)
Here are a few extra Scriptures to help you understand the invitation:
St John 3:16; 7:37,38; 14:23, 27
Romans 8:11; chapter 12
Ephesian 2; 6:10-17
1 John 1
The Badlands in South Dakota.